Norovirus outbreak at Massachussetts Chipotle is yet more bad publicity for the troubled food chain. A Chipotle in Massachusetts shut down on Tuesday closed after one of its employees was diagnosed with norovirus, health officials said.
Massachusetts Chipotle restaurant shut down after employee is diagnosed with norovirus:
•Four employees at Billerica location were not feeling well, spokesman said
•Town’s health board has now confirmed one employee has norovirus
•Managers voluntarily closed on Tuesday to sanitize the restaurant
•Chain has struggled with norovirus, E. coli and salmonella outbreaks at various branches in the last year
Billerica’s health board, northwest of Boston, confirmed the case, while two other staff members are suspected to have the vomiting bug, NBC reported. There are currently no reports of customers falling ill with norovirus, which the CDC describes as ‘very contagious’ and causes stomach pains, nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting. The restaurant’s managers voluntarily closed their doors in order to disinfect the restaurant and dispose of all the food. Read the Full Story…